Today’s inspirational and professional spark:
“How to Achieve Work-Life Balance in 5 Steps”
So how do you deal with work/life balance? Here are some key ideas:
- Everything is not equally important. Do fewer things and do them well.
- Decide what your values are — and which ones take precedence.
- Do the things that get disproportionate results.
- Focus on the things only you can do.
- Do the important things which must be done now.
Gina Drosos is listed #39 on Fortune‘s “50 Most Powerful Women in Business 2010.” She is the head of Procter & Gamble’s global beauty division.
In this short video interview, she talks about connections between her work, family, and basketball.
The accompanying text below the video include these helpful comments:
“A great secret of leadership and of being a great boss,” Drosos adds, “is to see things from other people’s perspective. Nobody tells you more than teenagers, who really want you to see it from their perspective. It’s what helps you be a great parent as well.”
The article continues, “Indeed, at a certain point, the kid becomes the coach. And the parent learns a big lesson of business and of life: Real power comes from giving it away.”